St Dominic’s offers you much more than studying toward your A levels and BTecs. The college is proud of the many additional options for students as part of the St Dominic’s Enrichment programme and we will expect you to undertake some of these alongside your studies. Included in this programme is the very successful EPQ (extended project qualification) which builds your research skills, extra-curricular activities as well Medi/Dent/VET application support meetings.
All students will be involved in St Dominic’s Enrichment course(s). We are currently working on our final offer, but these include:
- EPQ – to build your research skills
- Duke of Edinburgh Award – Gold or Silver – to challenge you in a range of ways
- Learn a Language – to broaden your communication skills
- Medicine/Dental/VET Programme – to support those applying to be doctors
- Work Experiences as part of the BTEC programme
- Lourdes – supporting those with disabilities for one week to complete their pilgrimage
- LLC support – Students who take on leadership roles offer to them by the LLC
- Student Ambassadors- support with induction programme and throughout the year at key event
- Leaders of Learning – supporting other students and staff in promoting T&L
- Student Council - being the representative voice for your peer group
- Student Executive – represents the student body
- Charity/ Chaplaincy - supporting the Catholic life and cultural diversity of the college
- Fair Trade Group -body of students and staff who promote and ensure we keep our special status as a Fairtrade college
- Sports Leadership Opportunities and Award – to develop your coaching and leadership skills
- Enrichment Programme – variety of activities and skills to develop your personal portfolio and confidence
- Study Skills Workshops – study plus academic support programme
- Student Wellbeing- Yoga, Chapel, access to a personal trainer in the gym, College counsellor
Additionally, there will be a wide range of sporting opportunities and teams provided by our Sports Coordinator.
These exciting experiences will present new challenges for you. They will encourage you to learn in new ways, be organised and achieve things you did not know you could. The result will strengthen your choices when it comes to progressing and boost your employability.