The College follows the policies outlined by its governing body regarding equal opportunities, which guarantee that there will be no discrimination against any individual or group, regardless of faith, ethnicity, gender, sexuality or political/financial status. The following fundamental British values are promoted as an intrinsic part of our College culture and curriculum.
- students are elected to positions of responsibility on the Student Council
- curriculum coverage through PSHE sessions
The Rule of Law
- the College Regulations, Classroom Code of Conduct and Discipline Code are known to all and used on a consistent basis
- understanding of rights and responsibilities in College and society through PSHE
- the College’s Catholic ethos is at the heart of all that we do
Tolerance of Different Faiths
- RE curriculum examines all the major faith traditions and promotes the values of mutual understanding and tolerance
- daily prayer often led by students
We are a multi faith, multi-cultural College and we understand the importance of ensuring that all our students understand the significance of these fundamental British values. If any parent or guardian has any concerns about the Prevent Strategy or the Fundamental British Values they should contact the Pastoral Office in the first instance.